What is integrated business promotion on the Internet
In a very simplified way, this process can be compared with organizing a trip. In the complex, such a “project” can include a lot of things – excursions, transfers, a shopping guide, safaris, diving, ski passes. And the more components you use, the richer the journey will be.
Internet marketing is the same, only a little more complicated. In order to qualitatively solve business problems, it is important to use different directions, channels and tools in a complex – a website, social networks, SEO, contextual advertising, targeting, a blog, PR, video. In this way:
Integrated business promotion on the Internet is the use of a combination of marketing channels and tools combined into a single system.
Integrated Internet marketing includes everything that freelancers and agencies offer separately.
However, entrusting a blog and social networks to a secretary, targeting to a freelancer, and context to an agency does not mean using complex Internet marketing.
What is the difference between complex and multi-channel
An integrated approach involves:
- Clear strategy. It includes a business analysis and a step-by-step work plan in all areas, as well as promotion goals and KPIs against which results will be evaluated.
- Omnichannel. By combining all channels and tools into a single system, you can build a funnel and purposefully move potential customers from the first touch to the purchase.
- Deep analytics. Thanks to omnichannel, it becomes possible to analyze the indicators of different channels up to the number of attracted customers, profit, ROI. And also compare them with each other and adjust the strategy.
- Orientation towards long-term results. The goal of a comprehensive promotion is to build a system that will bring money regularly.
- A single style of communication and the image of the company in the eyes of consumers. The preparation phase determines the tone of communication with customers, as well as the emotions, associations, ideas and values that the brand will broadcast. Each piece of content is developed in accordance with these rules.
- Increasing coverage. With an integrated approach, we can use all the sites where there are potential customers, and distribute costs between them so as to get the maximum coverage within the budget.
All this can be achieved only by concentrating all the company’s Internet marketing in one hand. This may be an internal department that completely covers the needs of the business, or an agency. Another option is to keep a marketer on staff who will bring all the channels into a single system, analyze indicators and correct the work of contractors.
In the first place – the goals and objectives of the business
The strategy should be based on specific business objectives. It is they who determine which channels and tools to use, by which metrics to evaluate efficiency.
For example, online marketing can:
- increase sales;
- change the positioning and perception of the brand;
- increase awareness of the company or product;
- stimulate repeat sales;
- increase the average check;
- increase loyalty;
- demonstrate expertise in a niche;
- increase the customer life cycle;
- enter new markets, etc.
Please note that these are general terms. In real business, tasks are formulated more specifically and contain numbers. The numbers can reflect the percentage by which you need to increase sales, the number of attracted leads, the timing, the cost of the sale, etc.
We need a clear strategy: how we will attract the audience, where they will see our messages and what they will do next – how they will move along the funnel.
It is difficult to create an effective strategy without understanding how a particular business works. Therefore, if a company outsources complex promotion, it must be ready to work together – it will not be possible to give and forget. The owner will have to allocate time – either their own or someone who is well versed in the product, business model, market and audience – to fill out briefs, interview with agency representatives, explain product features, etc.
Thus, another characteristic feature of complex Internet marketing is a deep immersion in the business and its processes.